Translate

Monday, October 17, 2005

Speed kills

The Advertiser: 41,000 drivers ignore speed danger :

"Almost 41,000 people were fined for speeding through the 10 intersections - the junction of Marion and Sturt roads at Mitchell Park at the top of the list with 7715 fines issued. There were 43 reported crashes at this intersection last year, resulting in one death, seven injuries and 35 cases of serious vehicle damage."

Speed kills. Speed kills. Speed kills. Are they deaf, dumb or what??? The only confusing crossing is the one on the Main North Road and Grand Junction Road. That has been a hasard for years and I will give drivers the benefit of the doubtat that crazy Gepps Cross mess. It really needs redesigning because the lights are very misleading when you are not familar with them .Easy to make a mistake. The first thing I did when I got my licence was find my car in the middle of that busy intersection because I thought I could go across. I thank my lucky stars I was surrounded by very considerate and defensive drivers. I was terrified and humiliated! I learnt fast to move south!!

No comments: