Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Qantas flight makes emergency landing.

9 hurt as Qantas flight makes emergency landing. 21/08/2005. ABC News Online:

"The control tower reported seeing smoke as the plane landed and an emergency evacuation of the 178 passengers and 13 crew was conducted."

How many more planes? How much more faulty equipment? This is getting to be very serious, but hoorah for an alert control tower and a classy crew. They blame it on a faulty indicator. If my car indicator blew smoke every time it malfunctioned, I'd be more than worried. Smoke from the cargo area? I believe as annoying as it is, we are going to have to go over aircraft with a fine tooth comb. I have never heard of so many crashes, faults, accidents, mishaps with aircraft in my life. It's heartening to know that the control crew and the airline crew were awake and fuctioning. Clearly it saves lives and expensive equipment. Please put them on your Christmas list.

No comments: