Translate

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Rich women

Rinehart leads BRW's richest women:

"Australia's richest woman, iron ore magnate Gina Rinehart, looks set to become the nation's first female billionaire, after the resources boom more than doubled her fortune to $900 million."

The first 17 places above her are male billionnaires. It's really odd. I could find a list of top 10 Australian rich women or British or American. I could find a list of powerful women. But do you think I could find a list of the top 10 richest women in the world? I could find the richest woman in Hong Kong or Greece. It is so peculiar that the women are tied to their nationalities. I also found that 6 of our top 10 richest women in Australia are divorced. That didn't figure in the top 10 richest people I blogged earlier who all happened to be men.

Here are the 2003 Rich lists

No comments: