Translate

Friday, March 18, 2005

MSN Syndicated Content

MSN Syndicated Content: "* Place a My MSN button on your home page (pictured on right) to allow users to quickly add your RSS feed to their My MSN page. The code needed to make the button work should look like this:



When you insert this code,

* Replace www.destinationlink.com with the Web address of your RSS feed.
* Replace www.returnlink.com with an optional, alternate web address that will display if someone cancels before completely adding your feed.
* Copy the MyMSN.gif image to the same directory as the page containing the link."

This is the first time I have known MSN to be behind the times. They are usually the ones right up there; they have often been the market leaders and when it comes to helping your average computer user , they have usually the ones who have been user friendly. With RSS feeds they have just cottoned on and when I went to put a button on my site, I find it's a do it yourself project whereas every other syndication provider has gone out of their way to help me syndicate and help others do the same? What are you doing MSN? Can't you host buttons like everyone else? Come on!

No comments: