Translate

Monday, July 05, 2010

Frozen Adelaide

I don't know what the chill factor is. I don't really care anymore. It's just freezing and Adelaide is shivering. The trains were empty to town and back and those of us who were out were cold. Last week was the same. Adelaide was flat because we are just cold. We don't do 2 and 4 degrees Celsius very well. Today was odd because town was relatively empty considering it is the school holidays. Normally the trains are busy and the the Mall is very populated. Not today. People were quietly drinking coffee or just wandering about , not in a bad mood, just a bit aimless like me. Trying to find a good place to keep warm.Surprisingly some people had bare arms. Not many. The rest were rugged up with jackets, scarves, gloves and hats. Even they were not enough to beat this chill. I guess everyone has just stayed home huddling by the fire . Times like this I am so with the animals who hibernate. I should love to climb under the quilt and just stay there until its warmer!

No comments: