Translate

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Farm Magic

I have been playing Farm Magic. I am even at the bonus levels. It's that thing I have blogged about before from the classic Seinfeld episode of George doing the opposite! I was enjoying Farm Town on Facebook so I was looking for a good farm game. I don't play games so this was all new ot me. I tried Alice and it was very good for a kid on steroids...you repeated things at a fast rate and it made you think about marketing. I tried Virtual Farm  from an online gaming network and got fed up with the ads, the graphics and forever mowing the lawn. I rejected the one hour of play offers from some networks because I am simply not competent enough to be able to judge in an hour whether a game is for me or not. Not at this stage. So then I found Magic Farm on MyPlayCity and was able to start it and continue. What I didn't like and don't like is the fifty million mouse clicks to splat things and water and collect produce. I managed it though and got better and better. It is just not what I want. I want more of a sims type game where I build and develop and the one I downloaded wouldn't operate form the DOS box with Vista. I'd be happy to buy a good game when I find one. I wanted to try them first....and have time to go to the shops. I am not buying online. So I persisted with Magic Farm and I zapped away and have gone to the end to get the bonus sections and am so proud of myself. What I have found is I forget work straight away. I get over the stress and focus hard on zapping and collecting. From that point of view I am well pleased because my stress levels are always high...and other things haven't worked. So now I have opened up new horizons! What a bonus, heh?

No comments: