Translate

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Safe Driving

"We are targeting those recalcitrant drink drivers who have little or no regard for the wider community, let alone their own safety," said Road Safety Minister Michael O'Brien.
It's been an issue on all our minds this week. The wet weather has brought about some dumb moves in cars and then we have talked about he drink drivers. I went through an alcohol testing station Saturday evening over Easter. The police are always surprised I have no reading. I am always surprised about the number of people who do U - turns or slope off down side streets. In that sense it's not fair and that was part of our conversation. The ones who get picked up through the breathalyser stations are at least complying in one sense, but there is quite a group which is still not thinking very sensibly. Drinking and driving just do not mix. Needless to say I have always been the designated driver and that has never particularly worried me unless someone expects me to leave later than I want to. You can manage it. You can think. The mentality of trying to get away with it ought to be long dead.

No comments: