Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Touch Screens

We already have them. We already have screen you can write on with a stylus...which can convert it to text?!! What's a keyboard for?! Windows 7 will be coming and it features touch screens and managing other things like your TV and stereo. I cannot see how this will be of benefit given we can do it. Touch screens give me the creeps. If you remember the story about peanuts in pubs and the study which discovered how many types of urine in the peanuts, I really am not keen for multiple user touch screens. Who knows where their hands have been? I'd like tothe new windows to sort out the driver issues because that is Vista problems in a nutshell. The rest of Vista is fine and I have no issues with it. XP has more reliable drivers and manages peripherals better which is why people have stuck with it, especially offices. XP has proved its worth because it has been performing reliably for years. It is a good operating system. Vista tried to be too clever and then people became impatient. I have bothered with it because I like the interface and I can say the help I have had from Microsoft support and third party driver/software sites has been excellent. I have had most things fixed with in minutes and the only thing which took a couple of hours was my old Nokia mobile phone cable...but he networking through support was impressive. I think the Outlook programme is too big and clunky in Vista. Great programme but takes to long to load and use. So we'll see....and I am looking forward to seeing, but spare me the touch screens and the stylus writing!

No comments: