Translate

Friday, April 03, 2009

MacBook

After 4 days of MacBooking I am relieved to be back on my Windows laptop. It has nowhere near as much ram but the 2GB of the Apple is mighty slow around the Net. Page loads are slow and I realise it's why I changed this over to XP from Vista. The Vista broadcom drivers had issues with the fast wi fi network and the XP drivers manage it much better. We have a 2GB Vista laptop and that is better on the wifi network but still drops out. It reconnects quickly and then goes like a rocket. The Apple either connects or doesn't connect and it never goes fast. I am using Camino at home. At work I use Safari and it goes pretty well on the work wifi but we have wifi boosters around the place and they certainly make a difference. I am uncertain as to why the Apple should be so sluggish compared with Windows. There are some great apps on the Apple for visual and presentation stuff and from that point of view it can come up easily with polished products. Even the way it manages Office is cool. But I fit it limiting for my own personal set up and it is tough to trouble shoot. At least if I have wifi issues on Windows there are so many things I can do to resolve them. So it's a relief to be back on Windows but my Apple is easily set to run in French and I value that. I am still trying to figure out how to use the split panes in Apple. That looks to be a good feature and I thought I had configured it but I can't bring it up at will!!!

No comments: