Translate

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Windows 7

"PC makers and resellers will offer free upgrades to Windows 7 for people who buy a new computer running the Home Premium, Business or Ultimate version of Windows Vista shortly before Windows 7 arrives."
Well, that's nice. What about the loyal customers who have it already?! I won't be able to upgrade Vista on this computer because it has 512 MB of ram ( plus ready boost) and I cannot load a Premium upgrade because it needs 1 GB. So my two laptops will be okay...so then I think about Ubuntu and how I have just loaded and used it on my other laptop. It just goes and it is not costing me anything to keep it going. Basically , now I am stuck with Vista Home Basic on this which is what it came with and it's okay. The media centre on Premium is pretty nifty...I don't like the way Microsoft keeps updating and changing and it just keeps costing. In the end it will kill them because people cannot keep changing and then now realise it is a money black hole and that is sad because a lot of Microsoft software has allowed us to revamp the computing world and allowed more people to participate in technology. I think a bit of rethinking wouldn't go astray before the October launch.

No comments: