Translate

Monday, March 09, 2009

Swearing

"He usually gives a pretty robotic performance so I'm sure that that was a clever little snare in there to make him sound like one of the lads," he said.
If our Prime Minister swore last week, then it was hardly a political storm. It was a really frustrating week last week. I ended up swearing and I hardly ever swear. I am over it. I don't avoid swearing but I just don't swear much at all. The end of last week saw me swearing with the best of them and I ,too, caused a bit of a stir because people think I do not swear. It has been a long , hard haul through summer. It is going to be a longer, harder haul through winter. We have two devastated states, one big financial crisis, job losses, ongoing, outrageous community violence and a dried up River Murray. There is so much weighing on our minds and Kevin Rudd has had a lot to content with. The financial crisis has been years in the making but he has to deal with it. The climate is out of control and the global financial crisis is impacting on us. So, swearing doesn't fix anything but it is how we feel at the minute. He is , at least, feeling the same level of frustration as the rest of us.

No comments: