Translate

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Water Restrictions

AdelaideNow... South Australian water restrictions meeting targets
She said drippers and hand-held hoses with a trigger nozzle could be used on one day a week for up to three hours either between 6am-9am or 6pm-9pm.

Even-numbered properties could water on Saturday with odd-number properties on Sunday.

I have lived in my home long enough to know what my water usage normally is. Under the restrictions I use more because by the end of a long, hot , dry week, my garden is very dry and dusty because it slopes and the mulch just dries out and crisps. Last year someone set fire to the neighbour's garden because it was just bone dry and they use drippers. It is a complete health and fire hazard. Normally I would water during the week to hold  water in the soil, keep the plants alive, keep down the dust and keep the garden going. It doesn't use 3 hours of my time and it doesn't use as much water. As an even numbered house I get Saturday. i work all week. Getting up on a Saturday mroning increases the strain. I go out on Saturday night and so the time then is missed unless someone else waters.  I have never had to cut out so many dead things as I did this year. In terms of health and water saving ...I need to be able to manage that. Then I come on the Net and read about all the water mains which are bursting, hear about people sinking bores and filling pools. It is really not logical. I think this is gong to do people in . It's very destructive.

No comments: