Translate

Friday, August 29, 2008

Scorched

Drama, not doomsday | The Australian
BY Christmas Eve in 2012, no rain has fallen in Sydney for more than 200 days and, despite its new desalination plant, the emerald city has run out of drinking water.

Matthew Warren who wrote this article has hit the nail on the head and it's a really well thought out, interesting piece. To show a tele-feature like this is rather ill conceived. We are trying to forget parched, dried up, burning and bushfire fear. We need healing time and to have this shoved in front of us as daily fare is unforgivable. It is as manipulative as it is thoughtless. It is an attempt to create fear and worry and use the very things which have been worrying us to death as a basis for "'entertainment". Matthew Warren thinks this all out though in his well considered piece and I am glad I read it because I was seeing red. I just think it is so mean and cruel to put this kind of stuff in front of people when summer has been traumatising us and we have just got to the stage where we have got ourselves together. Spooking people like that, messing with their heads, using the things which have pushed them hard and troubled them to amuse them on a Sunday night is absolutely incomprehensible and I wish I lived in Bhutan where national happiness is on the government's agenda.Read this piece by Matthew Warren ....it is far less emotive than mine. I am just beside myself with the stupid and mindless way we are being treated by mass media....and we have to stop it.

No comments: