Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mobile Phone Data Cable

Some phones come with a data cable. Some people know what they are for and some people know what they are for but don't use them. I knew they existed but given that it took me EONS to shift from my Ericsson brick to a new Nokia(whcih is now considered old!)...well, using a data cable just had to take its time. Next problem was locating one in Adelaide. I could buy them over the Net and I should have because it's cheaper that way, but when I am not sure I like to go and seek and find for myself. Then I find out Adelaide is not very together when it comes to data cables. Most places do not stock them. Some people pretend to know about them and have the prices all wrong and finally, finally, in town on Tuesday I located a data cable suitable for my phone and I'd like to thank Dick Smiths and the great person who served me who actually tried to locate a cheaper one for me. I paid for a Nokia one and it comes with some good software so I am not too stressed about the price. All phones should come with them and they need to be freely available like other TV and peripheral cables. If you want me to use my phone better and on the Net then please make it normal for me. I loaded the Nokia PC suite and I am so glad. I can now clean up my phone, arrange and organise it as I wish. The bonus for a thumb klutz like me is I can write my SMS messages on my computer if I am with my computer...which is a lot of the time. It has meant I now know about mobile phone apps and the sorts of possibilities which are there. All because of my data cable. I have discovered, for instance Wattpad where you can read and share stories in different languages on your mobile.So I downloaded the files and transferred them to my phone. What a bonus for travelling! So having got my data cable I now have the possibility of coming up to speed with the possibilities of the next generation of mobile phones. I figure if you can't beat 'em, you join 'em!

No comments: