Translate

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Drop-outs don't reflect schooling

Drop-outs don't reflect schooling: "By 2004, about 66 per cent of young people in the study had completed their first course, 16 per cent had withdrawn, 11 per cent had changed course and 8 per cent were still studying."

Well, it's nice to know that a lower socio-economic background doesn't stop you from finishing university. I didn't realise money gave you brains. Isn't univerity about training good brains? That aside , I think the above figures are very good and what I like is the fact in SA we seem to have created pathways and links into pathways for all sorts of people. I like how we seem to be flexible and I like the fact that students of any age , shape, size or background can get into learning and improving themselves and that this is a continuum. It's good to be in a state where so many people are learning and have so many opportunities to learn. I just found out last week someone I know is right into Tai Chi and doing some kind of sword exercises and is apparently very good. You'd never know, but when it came into the conversation I was so excited for her and she was so pleased to be able to tell me. Adelaide is full of quiet achievers!!

No comments: