Translate

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Baby boy killed in collision

Baby boy killed in collision :

"A one-year-old boy has died after a truck rammed into the back of the car he was in at Port Adelaide."

This is so sad and I hope they get witnesses to explain it. Twice on the same corner I have nearly had someone drive into the rear of me at traffic lights recently. The assumption is the turning cars will turn left and then you will go straight. The first time I had to stop unexpectedly because the car in front stopped turning. The car behind did hit me and when I pulled up on the other side of the road, he just turned the corner and drove off! Tonight, the car in front was turning left again and then suddenly stopped because an old man was crossing the road and the car obviously let him finish crossing. The car behind missed me by a hair's breadth. It was just one of those things and you can see how easily it happens. Luckily brakes are very efficient this time. I doubt the truck deliberately went intot the back of the car and the driver will be traumatised. The people in the other car will be beside themselves. That is their little one year old. I do hope it is clearly up, but the pain isn't going to go away. It's sad.

No comments: