Translate

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Woman takes first sudoku world championship.

Woman takes first sudoku world championship. :

"Jana Tylova, a 31-year-old accountant, has beaten two Americans to triumph in the final after a two-day competition involving 85 players from 22 countries.

Her victory is something of a surprise as she finished only ninth after the first round, becoming the only woman to finish in the top 18."

This is a lovely win for Jana and I am sure she is really excited because it is a big deal. I don't get why, but million of Sudoko addicts can prove me wrong. I tried a couple and that was it. Not for me. I confess I am numerically oppressed and challenged and find anything to do with numbers very painful. I like words. It's amazing how little things like this can suddenly create a buzz around the world and then be such a source of pleasure for people.Thinks like Sudko become international bonds and a way of connecting across the world. I just don't get why everyone loves it so much!

No comments: