Translate

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Have an environmental Christmas

Have an environmental Christmas:

"The University of Sydney-calculated data found December sales of typical Christmas goods - confectionary, alcohol, household appliances, clothes and books and magazines - created 2,861,000 tonnes of greenhouse gasses and used 100,000 megalitres of water."

Ew! This is food for thought. I think I may have blown it for this year..but I need to get my environmental act together for next year.

"$30 on chocolate santas and candy canes also cost 940 litres of water, created 16kg of greenhouse gasses and disturbed 26 square metres of land."

Ew...I have been very , very bad and yet I pride myself on doing most of the stuff myself so I don't over use things and I am not creating all this waste. I think I need more guidelines...a checklist...software. Some environmental Christmas Planner which will make me think better. I recycle my cards!!

It is true that we all over consume so that's one of the things we can look at...being happier with less!! If you make things, it takeds loner so you cannot over provide, I have worked that out. I suppose it's about putting some thought into it all. I love Christmas because I can put myself into it. I don't want to wreck the environment , though.

No comments: