Translate

Monday, November 14, 2005

Red all over

The Advertiser: Cooking: Red all over :

"BRIGHT red, round and fresh. Tomatoes do it every time – as long as they're properly ripe and packed densely with juicy flesh."

This article has some great tomato recipes. My first lot of tomato plants are booming because of our weather. They have flowers and hopefully the fruit will set. Then I have some seedlings in again for the next crop. I love tomato salads on a hot day, but I also love tomato pasta sauces on a cold day...so I eat tomatoes all year. We have had some good choices of tomatoes in the supermarkets, markets and as nursery plants. You can pick the tomatoes according to your taste and dish. My favourites are the vine tomatoes or the little cherry ones. I like stuffed tomatoes too. Yum!

No comments: