Translate

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kath and Kim

The power of two :

"THEY'RE back. And if the prepublicity and the level of public excitement is any guide, they'll be welcomed. But the return of Kath & Kim raises some iSS-yews. Why are they appearing in a telemovie? Have we seen the last of them in multipart series? What does the future hold for the foxy ladies from Fountain Lakes?"

If they're in a tele movie , we'll all be watching it. If they make a new series , we'll all love it. I sometimes wonder why I laugh so much at kath and Kym, but it is hilarious. It's that inspiration Australian comedy like Kingswood Country and characters we've had like Dame Edna, Kylie and Uncle Arthur. They are recognisably Australian and the things they say and do are recognisably Austrlaian but we are not actually like that. I find it hard to explain to myself but I just sit there chortling through every show. It's so classic.For some of you, it might be an acquired taste. The first time I saw Ab Fab I was exhausted. It was a harrowing experience. The second time I saw it I was just so embarrassed for them. Like Fawlty Towers. I couldn't watch that the first time because I was just so embarrassed for Basil Fawlty. Once I got used to them they were firm favourites. I haven't needed lead in time for Kath and Kym, I have just loved it. May they live long and prosper because they are good medicine!

No comments: