Translate

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Tea strainer

I am the world's best tea strainer and when there is no tea or tea pot it is a national state of emergency in my home. I drink bucket loads of the stuff. I always have a cup of tea in my hand. Black tea, green tea, strawberry tea, lemon tea, peppermint tea, Earl Grey tea, Darjeeling...tea, tea, tea.. Twinings, Dilmah, Tetley, Nerada, Andersons, Robur. Tea. I run on tea. This morning I got up and somehow managed to wallop the tea spout on my tea cup. I assumed the cup would be broken. No...I broke the spout of the pot! This is a very solid, daily use pot! No fragile , delicate bone china on a daily basis! I was speechless! I decanted the tea to an emergency pot....and then contemplated the joy of buying another pot!! I have some fantastic pots I have collected and have been given as presents, but they are not for everyday use! Then fate had it's way and I was stunned how hard it was to buy a plain, ordinary tea pot. I thought this was a consumer society! I consume tea. I need a pot. Not a fancy one. Just a plain old pot. First shop had sold out. Second shop hadn't carried them for a while. Third shop...I was desperate. I couldn't believe I lived in a neighbourhood which eschewed the humble teapot. I looked and I looked. I was getting frantic and flabberghasted. Finally..in an obscure corner, behind all the CD cases (???? just where you'd expect to find a teapot, heh?) I found a lovely pot. A gardener's pot. The very thing for my current gardening mania. Phew!!! Makes a great cup of tea but it pours out in a huge gush!! Funny pot.

No comments: