Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

It's all just choofing along

We have a tram in Adelaide. Goes from the city to Glenelg on the beach front and back. 20 minutes. Melbourne has its trams still and I think they are a great way to travel around. In Bendigo there's the talking tram which talks you around on a city tour and then there's the tram where you can have afternoon tea. I haven't done that. I can't imagine eating and drinking an a tram. As for the time on the blog...well, I set it properly in the settings!! I need pages which take me through the process. There are so may boxes to check and fill out for different programmes. I heard on the radio the other day that out of 1000 people surveyed 80% said computers had increased work place stress and 25% confessed to absolute rage when using computers! Flying monitors, mobile mice....Doesn't happen where I work, but people do get frayed at the seams every so often. It's the slow access or slow response or weirdo messages when you don't want them. Then you are supposed to know everything about everything..software, hardware, multimedia, data bases, printers...it's all designed to make you feel inadequate...and rogue files which clash with programme openings. One trick I found the other week was if I took a certain programme shortcut out of the start menu...it worked perfectly!!! Explain that to me.

No comments: