Translate

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ian Thorpe

Oz swim great Thorpe says getting used to college life
"Well, I am not stupid and I am glad that I have been able to prove that to myself. It is a hard process to get into that studying mode and into remembering how I used to do it. That has been a challenge for me," Thorpe said.


This is fantastic news. He has done so much for swimming and Australia, that Ian Thorpe really didn't have a chance to be just a person doing what he needed to do. he was awesome in the pool, just incredible. Fantastic to watch. the price he paid is the fact he didn't do what most of us regard as normal...finish school and go to uni.It is good to hear he is just doing what Australians take for granted and can have a chance to reformat himself into the person he would now like to be. I am sure he'll love being at uni because he is right, he is not stupid, but the limelight wreaked havoc with his sense of self.

No comments: