Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vista ReadyBoost option

Go for it! I say go for it. If you are a techno noddy like me and you don't have the capacity to fiddle with caches , swap files and anything else which might be needing a tweak...use the ReadyBoost option in Vista. It is a piece of cake! I have just made myself a ram stick in 30 seconds and I feel so clever. Get a 2GB ram stick. Mine happens to be a SanDisk because I use another brand for my other USB flash drives for personal use. This way I can pick up my ReadyBoost without wondering which one. Plug it into the USB. Let the drivers load. Then pick the option "Speed up my computer." Check the "use this device" and "Apply" and bingo!!! I tell you what, you notice a difference straight away. Things load faster and with a little less effort. Smooth. It tells me we'll be all cruisy soon if we can do things like this. Besides...it's fun! Everybody thrives on tips and tricks.

No comments: