Translate

Monday, April 21, 2008

Cheap and cheerful gadgets

I have just bought some gadgets and for less that $250 dollars I have really brightened up my life. I know if you want to go bigger and better you can. I know there is suave and sophisticated out there. That’s not the point. I am not ready for major changes but I am interested in seeing what I can do to improve things without busting my bank account which is currently going on my home renovations!! So I have a big television set which is fast getting so passé even if it does work well. The reception has been driving me bonkers for a while and I do not want an outside antenna. I just don’t. I have bought a cheap SD set top box because I thought it would improve things even though everyone is saying no no no! Go HD. I am not ready for an HD TV even though I love them and I can’t use an HD set top box with this set. So 50 bucks and I have a brilliant picture, can access digital channels , but not HD channels and just had to fiddle with sound quality to get it perfect. It has made such a difference. Second new toy is my phone. Again, not a big outlay as phones go but great for me because it’s a flip phone, it downloads heaps faster, it connects to the Bluetooth on my laptop which makes managing it easy and it is just slicker and easier to use than my other phone ,especially the keys. Love it. Made my mobile life easier. Last toy is a USB gadget to connect to HDTV on my computer. Well, how different and fun is that. The picture is brilliant. I just use my little antenna which was lying around and now I can use my laptop to watch TV wherever I go. The picture is crystal clear and it’s a whole new viewing experience. I am so impressed. I can see how computers and TVs are just going to blend into one and frankly, now I have seen this I am much more interested in running TV from a computer onto a big screen. What a bonus and roll on the future! So my bag of toys has served me well, kept me within my learning curve and shown me how I can benefit from new technology . I have to keep within my depth or I just go right off it all. This way it’s fun, easy and has let me use my money for other major costs around my life!!

No comments: