Translate

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Rudd rules out ex-pollie for G-G

Rudd rules out ex-pollie for G-G : "Fairfax newspapers today said former federal Labor leader Kim Beazley was set to be offered the post as Australia's next governor-general."

I suppose Mr. Rudd has to avoid being labelled as someone who creates jobs for the boys and yet, Mr. Beazley would make a good governor general , I think, and I don't believe he'd be partisan. Malcolm Fraser is a good example of how an elite politician with strong political views can become someone not only of good use to the country but also to the world. He has fulfilled his roles well and given wise counsel which is unbiased but very straight talking. Kim Beazley is like that. I think we can assume that he won't get the job because he led the Labour party through the mire. Bad luck , I guess, but it is a shame that would be held against him or anyone. We really need the right person for the job of GG.

No comments: