Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hicks released from Yatala

AdelaideNow... Hicks released from Yatala - but its freedom at a price: "He thanked his family and supporters, and said: 'Right now I'm looking forward to some quiet time with my wonderful father, my dad, my family and my friends.'"

I am so happy for Mr. Hicks senior. That man is so down to earth, so grounded, so sensible, so patient and so understanding, he doesn't even realise how special he is. He is such a good father and has shown remarkable skill in dealing with such an extraordinary family and world situation. This must be a proud day for him but he probably cannot believe all his years of common sense wisdom have paid off. He is the best father anyone could hope to have and I wish him peace and happiness. He has suffered too much for too long..and yes, they need peace and quiet to sort themselves and everything out and David Hicks' father needs time to carefully assess his new reality in his typical diplomatic way. He is no fool but here is no sense of self satisfaction either. He really is a remarkable man.

No comments: