Translate

Friday, July 13, 2007

Royalty fee 'to damage net radio'

Royalty fee 'to damage net radio': "Smaller stations face a payment increase of 1,200% while larger station could owe up to 300% more, lobby group SaveNetRadio has said."

I listen to my radio less and less and my Net Radio more and more. In the car I play CDs and have stopped listening to the radio altogether. Around the house I listen to my MP3 player , so when I come on the Net I love to listen to radio from other countries. I have found so much music I have liked and subsequently bought. When I travel I pick up the local radio on my MP3 player and that's good. I spend time on the Net. It's good to have the radio going. It should not be costing more because it is replacing "normal" radio. It is becoming the norm. Why would you hike fees unless you want to stop net broadcasting and why would you want to do that? Who doesn't want to move with the times?

No comments: