Translate

Friday, June 15, 2007

Dwarf planet discovery knocks Pluto

Dwarf planet discovery knocks Pluto back a notch. : "At the time, it was assumed that Pluto was the largest of these so-called dwarf planets, but now comes word that Pluto runs a distant second to Eris, a similar astral body in the Kuiper belt."

Good job I am not an astronomer because I do not get it. Irrespective of whether they are or are not planets, how come Eris was never discovered when the other planets, or non planets in our solar system were? If Eris is in the Kuiper belt where Pluto was discovered centuries ago, how come Eris wasn't or never even mentioned? I wish the article would explain things like that because I want to know. As for Pluto...well, size doesn't matter, does it, so Pluto will always be a planet to me.

No comments: