Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wi-fi and RFID used for tracking

Wi-fi and RFID used for tracking: "There have been privacy concerns expressed in some quarters about RFID tags, especially around the possible use of tags on shopping goods to monitor consumer spending habits."
Yes, I can imagine my rubbish bin lighting up and chattering as people log onto my wrappings with the embedded tags. I can see we shall go tracking mad. Useful for tracking stolen property, but there will be counter tag technology and blocking devices. Useful for tagging wandering patients in homes and hospitals. Useful for keeping an eye on parolees. I can see it all now. Kids will be tagged to make sure they are in class...maybe not such a bad idea considering how many seem to be out and about during the school week. Aren't kids supposed to be at school? Handy for tracking who knows what who knows when and look out, we are watching you!

No comments: