Translate

Monday, December 11, 2006

Papers battle online news sites

Papers battle online news sites:

"Now, with news-junkies turning increasingly to the net for their daily fix of world events, papers are beginning to feel the pinch."

I can read a good paper for ages. From that point of view I prefer to be traveling and picking up the regional newspapers because they at least have news. Papers often print what was online the night before. There is, as I have said before, a package of news and it runs everywhere for about three days. The news package is in every country and every state and it is BORING. The newspapers and TV news programmes get the package and then it is repeated and repeated. The same story is told everywhere with the same footage. So, if it is going to be packaged like that then there is no point in getting a paper.News also has a great deal of difficulty getting its facts straight so differnt things are changed slightly across the media so no one is in position of the facts. As if that will change the actual truth!! I confess I bought a local paper the other week and nearly fell off my chair because there was some really good writing and some really interesting stories. We don't want format writing , nor the opinion about the news story. So, in my opinion, is has more to do with the packaging than whether it's hard copy or electronic copy.

No comments: