Translate

Sunday, December 24, 2006

FROM MARGATE TO THE MAASAI

FROM MARGATE TO THE MAASAI:


"1. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Britain, with over 44,000 new patients being identified each year. The incidence of the disease in British women is increasing by more than one per cent each year."

Jeremy Jacobs is going to make a trek in February 2007 in the Masaai Mara for the Breast Cancer Campaign. His blog details the preparation and background information and I tell you, if you've read my blog, you will know how much I believe we need to support anyone who is campaigning and researching for cancer. The Masaai Mara is in Kenya and you can get some good information and pictures here. I wish Jeremy well and look forward to hearing about his trek.

The Masaai people are also in Tanzania, a place close to my heart, because it's where my World Vision sponsored child is...and this year I enjoyed sending him pictures of our native animals in Australia. He makes stories up about them when he sees them.

No comments: