Translate

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Those boots are made for walking

AdelaideNow... Those boots are made for walking:

"'There are good trails here and very accessible to the urban population so it's ideal for working people to do on weekends.'"

It's true. Walking groups and walking trails are becoming very popular and the group approach is sensible. For a start you get a bunch of cheery people out there on the streets who improve the atmosphere no end. I can't remember where I was now but I was sitting and then all these people with green tops and caps started to dot themselves around me and were chirping away. After a bit I realised they were walkers out on a jaunt and were just taking a short break to adjust shoes, socks, have a bit of a rest. It was a really good atmosphere and something you find in other places but not in Adelaide. I have seen a group of mums and strollers too and that's a great thing. I hope we keep it going because there are a lot of nice views to be had in our state and it keeps our streets safer. People around are extra eyes and ears.

No comments: