Translate

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscars

7news entertainment:

"'Somebody once said if you make a bad film you make it alone, if you make a great film everybody made it with you,' said Box. 'We made it all together guys.'"

I was so pleased Wallace and Grommit won an Oscar. I haven't watched the Oscars for quite a while because they were so predicatable and run of the mill. I saw some of it by accident and I was thrilled to see the real glitz and glam had returned instead of the fake stuff from before. I loved Lauren Bacall even though she struggled at her age with the automatic script. She got out of it well and still is an astounding lady. Loved all the black and white movies because I had a mother who must have shown me just about evry one of them!! Loved the gowns. Great to see Dolly Parton can still put on a show and have a teenie tiny waist. It was the admiration on the faces of te ausience which was most interesting. Loved the humour of the compare. What I saw was a return to the dignity and natural glam of the Oscars. A self confidence and some great lines which were really funny. A human interest in humans and a performer's interest in performers and performance. A celebration of craft and dedication and genuine achievement. What I saw both surprised and delighted me. Jon Stewart was a gracious and amusing host who kept everyone at ease and was full of relaxed self confidence.

No comments: