Translate

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Technology proposed to cut road toll

Technology proposed to cut road toll :

"He said effective technology included alcohol interlock systems where a driver must blow into a breath-testing device before a car will start."

I can't imagine puffing into my car to get an alcohol reading before I can drive it...I think I'd be laughing a lot...and people would be worrying what on earth I was doing, but seriously, it's maybe not such a silly idea and at least people are trying to provide solutions to what is becoming a stupid cause of death. We can look at the penalties and we can look at advertising campaigns again...but, prevention is always better than cure. Why do drunks suddenly think they are invincible as drivers again???It needs something like that smoking ad where they turn everything back to front and that is good advertising.

No comments: