Translate

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Queensland Black bean tree



This week solved two of my mysteries and it was being with people, not being on the Net, that did it. The mystery plant I found at the nursery and which has been putting out impressive fronds, has turned out to be a Queensland Black bean tree which grows in our rain forests.

Black beans



The Black Bean Tree


This has made a very easy to care for indoor plant, but now I am very impressed! I have a rainforest indoors now. My other discovery was at the supermarket where I found a jar of Hoyt's Lupini. Lupin seeds which are supposed to be very nutritious. They are packed in brine and are supposed to be eaten as a snack. I am not game enough to try them yet since I had read about the allergies they can cause! I'll wait...but I have some now! Posted by Picasa

No comments: