Translate

Sunday, June 19, 2005

You've got big sky!

Lights out in Sydney for better view. :

"'Because people who live in the city miss out on seeing a lot in the sky each night.'"

I don't know if Sydney siders will like having the lights turned off so they can see the sky...it might make them feel very unsafe. Then again , it might make them feel all warm and cosy as they ooh and aah at their sky. I love the idea...I just want to know how it goes, so get back to me with the news. Don't leave me here as you often do with the start of a story and no more. One of the consistent comments I have heard form overseas visitors here is, "You've got big sky!"..always about how much sky we have. The sky is spectacular. So don't build it out!! Let us see it and let us see the stars. I love NZ for that reason...you can stand there in NZ and just look up at the sky for hours at night. In Australia you can do that too if you pick the right spot. Everyone has a right to have their piece of the sky. I am glad I didn't grow up without it. So...let us see how Sydney goes with the lights out!!! I am not sure if this is a good idea...

No comments: