Translate

Monday, April 20, 2009

Ubuntu, Ibuntu too

So many lovely people have come to my blog from all over the world. Ubuntu people. I thank  them for taking the timeto visit me. What I have discovered already about this community is they are just there. They help you stand on the ledge and fly out of Windows and are just there. I am a little flashing red dot on a map in Australia. From the moment I came onboard with Ubuntu I knew I was that little red dot in Adelaide and that someone was there. I confess it was the same with Vista too. I was very aware when I came onboard with Vista that there were people there trying to help me get it right quickly. Safe hands are important when you are taking risks. And Ubuntu has so many of them! I have always wanted to try Linux. It has always been there tapping on my shoulder. I really like it because it is simple and fuss free. My old NEC is doing everything I need at the moment. And more. I have got into Terminal and  Gedit and have googled away until I could do code things. I am happy. I love code. I used to love doing things in Basic and Qbasic... then Windows took it away.I wasn't brilliant but it's me. It suits my brain and that is important. Not much suits my brain. So now I can make directories, list the last ten files, list all the things on my computer in order of size,change font colours...say hello to myself and tell me I'm logged on...all this in a couple of days. I went through my apc disks and have downloaded the tutorials.to do  this week. Made such a mess of my nice clean chocolate desktop! And I have discovered Edubuntu. I know it exists and it could be so helpful to schools onlimited budgets from what I can tell.. . that's equity and social justice.

No comments: