Translate

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Facebook Furore

Facebook protest group hits a million users | NEWS.com.au
However they may be outnumbered by a silent majority of users not bothered by the new look.

I think the difficulty is that new users wouldn't know what the old Facebook looked like. I am a new user and Facebook is okay and works brilliantly at connecting you with people and then keeping contact by way of the "pop in". It really is easy. The first day I went on there I downloaded a virus with an application I was installing on Facebook, then I had another application which sent out things to all my friends and I had to apologise because it just took over and did as it pleased. That kind of viral and virus laden app behaviour had to stop. It was ruining any experince I had on Facebook. it has stopped. I think the lay out could be tided up because there is very poor use of the page space and thing stend to go in long colums and uneven colums. I can see that people with a sense of web design would find the new Facebook really annoying because the pages do need some better design aesthetics which is surprising in 2008. The ground swell to get the old facebook is huge though and its from people whose opinion I'd respect. I don't get what they mean because I was never on the old Facebook. it might be a good idea to consult with peole to get an interface which addresses the issues which appear to be driving people crazy. It's the same with the migration form XP to Vista. People have become a bit set in their ways at the moment, which is odd considering it has been non stop technological change. There is a resistance to change and it may be that people are fed up with change and are so trying to turn the clock back to stabilise themselves and society.

No comments: