Translate

Friday, April 13, 2007

More room for passengers

More room for passengers : "Elbow wars over precious armrest space could become a thing of the past for flight passengers as airlines consider a new seating layout which would have some travellers facing the back of the plane."

The thing I love on planes is when the person on the seat infront decides to put their seat back , especially at meal times. I am only small...but I still have little face space. I have been fortunate in that airline stewards have advocated very diplomatically on my behalf to resolve the problem , at least for meal times. It makes reading or doing anything very difficult. I don't need a lot of space but I hate that blue seat right in front of my nose. I tuck my elbows in and most people are pretty careful with their elbows and I have also found that privacy is the one thing most people respect. If I have travelled alone my random partners have never been a problem , nor have I . If they want to talk, I talk. If they want to be quiet I am quiet and vice versa. I really quite like those chance meetings on the plane. You meet some really interesting people and you realise the world is made up of unsung heroes just doing life on a daily basis.

No comments: