Translate

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Calls for new food label system

AdelaideNow... Calls for new food label system:

"NSW Health Minister John Hatzistergos said he had called on Food Standards Australia New Zealand to examine a new labelling system that would show how much exercise was needed to burn kilojoules in certain foods and drinks."


I don't know that the food labels are too confusing, but I have to remember my glasses so I can read them. The print is getting smaller and smaller. I want to know the calories/kilojoules. I want to know the nutritional breakdown. I want to know the list of ingredients and the country of origin. I also want to know, from other sources, the things stated in the article. Like how long does it take to walk, iron, run, jump, kick a Mars bar off? I also want a reminder about the additives and have easy access to that. I now also want to know if anything is GM modified. So does it sound I can't trust food just to be food and am I am living in an age where food and nutrition can be mutually exclusive. I used to just like eating. Now I won't buy unless I know and I will not buy if I am in doubt. I am fed up that in a civilised world we cannot feed ourselves on proper, nutritious, food, food. I tell you, when it's fresh it is so different!!!

No comments: