Translate

Friday, February 10, 2006

Whale meat used as pet food

Giant of the sea used as petfood Times:

"One website selling whale meat for pets shows a picture of a dog with the slogans: “I’m Charlie. I love whale meat!” and “Pets love whale meat too.”

Whale burgers and whale spaghetti bolognese are appearing on school menus and the meat is being distributed to old people’s homes."

When I blogged a while ago I was writing about whale meat being used in dog food and how abnormal that was. I thank The Times for this article so that I know I hadn't imagined it. The excess whale meat is going into dog food and school dinners. Why kill so many whales? This is not logical. Why promote it to school children? There is no need for this in 2006. Times have changed. But as we have dolphin free tuna I want my pet food to be whale free and I want my food clearly labeled so that I do not buy food with whale meat.

No comments: