Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Bring back sub editors


This isn't the first time I have read rubbish in captions or in the shortened version of the Google search. There is currently a trend for English users to have totally lost linguistic control. Sometimes sentences finish half way through. Sometimes the word order is wrong as in this one. I am not sure what the problem is. Lack of sleep? Lack of rest? Too much enthusiasm? You know, it doesn't take much to check print before it goes online. I can write rubbish too but I check or someone in my family checks.  The story itself is a winner. Living proof that technology is worth it. Mobile phones and caring people make a good combination for saving lives and  preventing accidents.  The situation was dealt with competently and well because people can and do connect. When the story goes to press it then needs to be checked and a suitable heading found.

No comments: