Translate

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Success

Stranded whales freed. :

"The rescuers are now monitoring the whales from boats as they move slowly out to see.

At least one whale is believed to have died on the beach."

They had this on the news tonight and a lot of kind WA folk had been down onto the beach helping the whales again. It must give them a great sense of achievement that they can help such defenseless, stranded creatures. I bet they will enjoy getting up again in the morning and going out in freezing conditions if the whales are driven back to shore again! I have nothing but admiration for these people. My biggest rescues are mainly with stranded or hurt birds. They fly into the windows. I tried putting film on the windows to reduce the glare , hoping it would help the birds. No such luck. I wonder what makes whales strand themselves. I have read about sonar affecting them..but we fly these days and sonar is rare.

No comments: