Translate

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Qantas probe on LA fight

The Australian: Qantas probe on LA fight

: "The fight is believed to have broken out between two cabin crew and a second officer in a room at the Bonaventure Hotel in central Los Angeles on Saturday, The Australian newspaper reports."

I daresay spats break out after hours from time to time in any job but we just don't hear about it. I can't imagine everyone is hunky dorey all of the time every minute of every day. Flight attendant has to be a difficult job these days because of the nature of what has been going on associated with air craft. Then there is all the restructuring of airlines and then airlines suddenly disappearing and new ones appearing only to disappear again. It must put pressure on the staff. Qantas really needs to sort this out as I am sure it will. People management is everything. I have to confess I have nothing but praise for the Qantas flight attendants I have met recently. I hadn't flown for quite some time with Qantas because I decided I hadn't gone on a plane to be treated like a naughtly school girl. The previous attendants were full of tut tuts, tsk tsks and peremptory commands. It was a relief to fly with other airlines and see just how much you can be valued and made to feel welcome. Well, I was a bit apprehensive having to fly Qantas this time, but to my pleasant surprise it was just lovely. The first flight was very civilised and friendly and the second flight was an absolute hoot. Everybody was the impeccable professional but the good humour and pleasant manner really made the flight a great experience rather than a routine one. So, for my part, I'd like to ask Qantas to get to the bottom of this because it seems like the pressure valve has blown. As I have said before...Qantas is one of our icons. We need to look after it. Value it. Cherish it!!

No comments: