Translate

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Rundle Mall Arsonist

``I've worked here for 30 years, ever since I finished school,'' he said. `I've got five children still living at home to feed and we've just spent our savings on a new house and $20,000 on renovating the stall. 


If the man in the footage is the same one who destroyed the stall..then he takes a lot of time and care ensuring his fires light well and is very methodical. That's what struck me as odd...how careful he was lighting the fire in the bin when you'd expect it to be a quick thing. I hope they catch him. The description is good but the footage isn't so clear. We need better cameras. I feel so sorry for the guy who has lost his stall. We all know him, we all see him  and it is cruel for this to happen now. Whoever lit the fire has a blatant disregard for others. The council also needs to get onto that issue with the cardboard boxes which provided the perfect fuel for nutters.

No comments: