Translate

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Vista Updates

I am so over them. My desktop is constantly getting them and they keep jamming up the works because it doesn't have as much ram as my laptop and Ubuntu is on my other laptop and doesn't suffer from interminable updates which crash everything. It means I have to steel myself now to go on the desktop and be ready for a slow, lumpy ride. I'd prefer  to be asked when to install the updates as I can with Ubuntu. That way I can do what I want and update when I am ready. I am not against updates per se. The other weird thing is there seems to be a belief that Ubuntu is just a rip off of Windows 95...WHAT??? I know whoever who has started this rumour is familiar with neither OS. They cannot be. It shows up how easily rubbishy ideas are permeated through our society these days.

No comments: