Translate

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Tails Day

Yesterday's RSPCA fundraising day in town was inspired. The theme was about enjoying the great outdoors with your friend. Every collector, and there were a lot of them, had a beautiful dog  and then there was the fundraising stall in the Mall. It was a marvellous idea because everyone reacted to the dogs who were so engaging, endearing and just plain beautiful. People were chatting about the dogs, cuddling them, smiling, joking and even taking photos. It just brought out the best in people and was a great example of how much pets can do for us. The money went in the tins, the stall was busy and the dogs were really happy. I don't know if they were owned by the collectors or  brought out for the day from the RSPCA unit. My last two dogs I have bought from the RSPCA and the level of help and care I have been given in settling in with my new dogs have been exceptional. The first one I took on was quite sick and I did need help to make sure I was on the right track and I got him so well. The second one, in the photo, was starved and mistreated and I took her on and it was my greatest pleasure to see her gradually become happy, well, healthy and shiny. She has been brilliant. Just so lovable.

No comments: