Translate

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Cold Callers

Humphreys, Steve. phonebooth2968.jpg. June 1986. Pics4Learning. 6 Aug 2010

If you are not my friend, my family, my doctor, dentist, vet. If I have no business association with you and you are not my mechanic...be kind enough to stay off my phone!!! This week has been ridiculous with the amount of unsolicited cold calls. I am polite because I know what an awful job that is. No one ought to have to make sales that way because it is a job which is likely to elicit abuse. I do not want calls out of the blue from someone I do not know and cannot see trying to sell me something...especially when I have already had it done and yes, organised it myself. I am in charge of my life. I decide when I can afford to get things done. I get the information and organise the tradespeople. I don't want people ringing me up when I don't want to talk to them. It's a stupid way to conduct business and it is hugely invasive. This is my home. The boundaries need to be respected, but this week it has been mad with the calls. I am paying for a silent number...I wonder why!

No comments: