Translate

Friday, July 16, 2010

SA Wind Power

Under the proposed plan, $4.5 billion in investment would be rolled out between 2015 and 2018. Of that, $1.8 billion would be spent in SA, resulting in 1400 construction jobs. It is estimated a further 1600 indirect jobs would be created during the construction phase and 266 ongoing jobs would be delivered.

I get the bit about the jobs. Great idea to have more jobs. I get the bit about our being a state which could generate sufficient wind power to supply Australia ( oh, there are a thousand jokes in this!). I am all for renewable energy, green energy and sustainable energy. The bit I don't get is why SA households and then eastern states households are carrying infrastructure costs.I am over levies, I am over indirect taxes and I am over constantly paying the costs of the building of infrastructure AND the supply of essential services. Maybe I have misread this article. I don't like this notion that as a householder I am just forking out cash which I may or may not see put to use and then forking out cash to pay for the building of something which I will then be charged for when  want to access the service. Or do I pay for the infrastructure and get the wind power free?

No comments: